A few days ago I sent out an email announcing that there would be at least five condos coming on the market priced under $600,000 in Arlington, Cambridge & Somerville. Well I am happy to say there are a lot more than 5 that have come on. As of 4 PM on July 13, 2016, Arlington, Cambridge & Somerville have:
· 123 Condos for sale
· 43 Condos are priced under $600K
o Average price $479,079
o 11 are new listings
§ Average price for new listings $420,364
I expect the numbers to change between now and Friday.
Here are some thoughts and ideas:
· There are properties for first time buyers despite what you’ve heard in the news
· Some are not over the moon expensive
· You may need to look beyond your dream neighborhood
o Consider that East Arlington is less expensive than North Cambridge
o North Cambridge is less expensive than Harvard Square
o West Somerville is less expensive than Davis Square
o We are talking about a few blocks of geography
What you can do:
· Look at the attached spreadsheet
· Ask me any questions you may have about a property--I can get you answers
o If you want the detailed listing, ask me
· Get out and look at some of these properties
· Better yet give me a call and we will do our own property tour
Have a great weekend.
Stay cool. Stay hydrated.